Dreamscape: The Dream and The Anti-Dream
This is not the fairy princess
waking from her slumber -
she was booked.
Forget the femme fatale
whose looks make you weak -
it's a bad hair day.
And that pinup girl grinning
from a spot on your wall?
She's not interested.
All that's left is that girl
sitting in the corner -
do you see her?
The shadows aren't so deep
that you can miss her.
I do not believe that I want dreams to come true any longer. If my life was to play out like those dreams, then it would only be fair, only equitable that I'm the Avenging Knight Don't fit in the armor - that I'm James Bond she left me shaken, but not stirred. - And I have a feeling that I'm a few million short of that Pinup's fantasyNo really, starving artist isn't a joke. I'm damn hungry.
If any of those dreams were to come true, for anyone, wouldn't we have to be their dream too? It would only be fair. But I am d: None of the Above.
I can see into the corner, I promise.
I'm wearing glasses.
I'm not looking for someone to save me -
armor's so passe
Too rico-suave isn't my style,
I like my guys like my martinis
And where does true art come if not from
the heart -
...and what can the heart understand
if it's stifled by the "finer things"?
The dream is made manifest by reciprocity...
that's a dream not good enough for me.
...a tandem work in progress...a conversation in poetry. I rather like it. Jon and I mesh pretty well, as far as this is concerned.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home